Senior Project Manager - Mechanical
Bruner Corporation is presently searching for an experienced Senior Project Manager who is not only a proactive leader, but also client focused. Preference is given to those with a degree in mechanical engineering and experience managing multi-million dollar commercial mechanical projects. Candidates must have a strong reputation for quality, reducing and controlling costs, and coaching others toward career success.
Bruner offers highly competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and opportunities for upward mobility. Qualified candidates should apply below or contact Jeff Hill at (614) 334-9000.
.Senior Project Manager is responsible in meeting its objectives and goals by overseeing and directing assigned projects and taking appropriate actions to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and with defined resources. The Project Manager ensures a safe working environment for all employees.
The Senior Project Manager leads and manages the project team, with the authority and responsibility to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Typically reports to the Vice President of Construction.
Primary Job Duties:
- Foster customer relationships and work collaboratively with all internal and external groups to effectively and efficiently meet clients’ needs.
- Conduct timely and complete turnover meetings to transfer information from those who estimated the project to those executing projects
- Direct the pre-construction planning process, accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, develop schedules, anticipates and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and collaborate with project foremen to proactively resolve construction problems
- Sets objectives and goals with specific measures
- Effectively details plan to procure and coordinate materials, equipments, tradesmen, and subcontractors to maximizes project profitability
- Establish costs for labor equipment, materials, subcontractors and other direct job costs
- Proactively monitors costs and reacts to variations quickly; monitors labor reporting system to effectively control productivity; ensures financial success of project
- Ensure timely billings
- Manage project risks, including the development of contingency plans
- Recommend methods and/or improvements based on project needs and resource capabilities.
- Ensure job site employees maintain a safe work environment by conducting safety audits.
- Challenge and empower project engineers to make decisions, construct compelling development plans. and advance their careers; inspires others to set and achieve challenging goals; maintains a deep talent bench.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Qualifications:
Technical Skills and Education:
Generally has at least 10 years of related project management experience including project budgeting, proposal review, design/value engineering, and project accounting.
- Excellent knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and process piping, hydonics, refrigeration codes, equipment, materials, and installation process in pre-construction, new construction, design/build, value engineering and other services offered by Bruner
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Prefer PE license
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply OSHA safety standards.
Personal and Organizational Skills:
- Organizes and handles multiple complex projects efficiently under pressure
- Provides accurate information to ensure appropriate decision making
- Establishes and maintains relationships with clients, gaining their trust and respect; dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment
- Negotiates well in tough situations with both internal and external groups
- Bottom-line oriented
- Identifies problems proactively; spots underlying or hidden problems and patterns
- Formulates clear and precise communication at all times
- Assesses and tests conclusions against relevant criteria and standards
- Uses time effectively and efficiently
Microsoft Office Suite
(Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Microsoft Project
- COINS, preferred
For immediate consideration apply below or call Jeff Hill at 614.334.9000 for immediate consideration.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Send Your Resume